Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Camera

The one thing I really missed during the trip last year was my camera,  I didn’t bring mine as I was afraid it would get destroyed by water, add to that the fact that it requires base charger, I didn’t want to drag it around.  I ended up using the camera on my blackberry, didn’t  take as many pictures as I would have liked and the quality sucked.    Not going to make that mistake again so picked up a new one.

Went with the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020,  this thing rocks, waterproof up to 16 feet which means I can take underwater pictures if I really want to, shockproof, dust proof, 14 megapixel and HD Video and a whack of other features I didn’t know how to work on the last camera either.  Added 8GB card and picked up spare battery. 

Only thing I don’t like is that Olympus is using a non-standard USB cable connection (ARRRGGHHH) could have used my portable charger but now will have to find a wall outlet to charge along the way, shouldn’t be a problem, I do have a spare battery.   Good news is that it is USB so all I have to bring is the mini USB wall jack and use it for Camera, Phone and Ipod when I can find an outlet.   Really wish they would develop high quality cameras that use regular AA batteries, all my problems would be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment