Friday, August 7, 2009

Introduction

I wasn’t back more than a day from my first Kayak adventure and started planning for my 2010 trip,   ~600-900km circumnavigation of Georgian Bay, the 6th Great Lake. 

Trent/Severn Waterway trip was my introduction to kayaking, at the time it was unknown if I was going to enjoy it or not, turns out it was amazing and only sparked my interest even more.  

Realized quickly that I prefer longer excursions, sure weekend and day trips are cool as well, I just like the planning, experience and satisfaction associated to multiple week adventures and having time to myself for 15 days of paddling provided ample opportunity to think about if/what I would do next?

Tossed a few options back and forth and decided on Georgian Bay as a logical next step to acquire skills and experience needed to do the trip I really want to do,  baby steps…  And no, not telling what that trip is yet, don’t want to give my Mother a heart attack.

There are some major differences between the Trent Waterway trip and this Georgian Bay trip,  I will do separate posts on each.

  • Solo?
  • Route
  • Distance
  • Navigation
  • Weather
  • Remote 
  • Camping
  • Food
  • Animals

As I did with my previous trip, keeping a blog of the planning for this trip and the trip itself.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment