Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 9 - Jeff

Woke up very early this morning to the sound of rain, will be the first time this trip where we get rain during the day, not paddling so we don't care and gives us an excuse to do laundry and clean dishes, well Julie anyway... once she woke up and 10 and let the hangover clear. My job was to post pictures on the blog, for some reason a task that lasted until laundry was finished, go figure.

Rain stopped for the afternoon and Julie was going to go for a run to practice for a triathalon she has next weekend, used the excuse her shoes were wet to get out of it.

Watched Chris (Julie' brother) walk by wearing some contraption and just had to follow to see what was going on, guess he was hanging a new street lamp at the entrance of the resort and had to climb the pole. Personally, I found out the previous night he was a sunshine boy in his youth and was wearing his climbing gear in the picture, I figure he was trying to recapture his youth so I obliged by taking pictures. He no longer sports a mullet, now that would be funny.

I went out for a kayak ride while Julie drank a martini on the beach, limited her to one as we had plans to drive into Peterborough for dinner, didn't help much though, been awhile since she has driven now and think she forgot how, I was afraid for my life and was dreaming of better days in Lake Couchiching.

If you are ever in Peterborough, go to Hot Belly Momas on George St just north of Charlotte, best southern cajun food outside of New Orleans. Then walk across the street to the Chocolate Factory, amazing. They have lots of other treats and Julie couldn't resist getting black licorice everything.

There is also an outfitting store on Charlotte St so we stopped in to get me a new drybag so I can pack my clothes better, makes easier to pack the kayak, also bought me a new camp pillow, not that I needed one but it looked cool.

Got back and packed all our stuff to get a quick start in the morning. For the first time since we've been at Oak Bay Julie has says she is itching to get back on the water.

Calling for rain and thunderstorms today but gorgeous out right now. Let's get this show on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment